Saturday, January 10, 2009

The first time..

Here it is, early January 2009, an era has ended and I'm about to embark on a new phase in my life.

After tidying up the odds and ends of this home in the US I head back for Australia in possibly six weeks to begin a new life in an old home town. My children and grandchildren live there.

I am soooo looking forward to returning to my home country, my home state, and my home town. I have been so homesick, but I put that on hold for a time for the man I loved. He was my best friend, my buddy, and now he's gone on to behold his Father, face to face.

I left all to follow my heart and do whatever it was to obey the calling on my life. It was tough to leave everything at my age and begin a new life in another country, but it was so very much worth it. I have gained so much from this experience of learning to live in another country and learning to make new friends... as well as learn how to live with my husband of only two years, and get to know him. He was always himself with me, never a fake person, and I loved his weaknesses as well as his strengths. His greatest strength was that he was faithful to his Lord and Savior until death. He suffered greatly in this life from a terrible disease, the complications and the meds killed him in the end... oh, but how much he loved his Lord.

Well, this is the new beginning. Cleaning this house and moving back to Oz.. I do have plans on what I will do, but that's for another time...

No comments:

Post a Comment